The main activities of LoCloud are:
- Identify standard metadata export formats which are commonly used in the information systems deployed by small and medium cultural institutions.
- Develop and implement the MINT service (Metadata Interoperability Service), currently used in a number of Europeana-related projects, to support the mapping and transformation of native metadata records to EDM via these intermediary schema.
- Develop and implement a LoCloud aggregation service, based on the MoRe aggregator developed in the CARARE project.
- Develop and test a number of key cloud-based micro-services (SaaS) useful to smaller institutions in enriching their metadata and improving data quality for the benefit of Europeana users.
- Provide training, support and guidance relevant to the needs of small and medium sized cultural institutions and aggregators.
- Evaluate and assess the impact of this work, including the benefits of cloud services.
- Carry out an intensive dissemination programme targeting smaller institutions and their aggregators right across Europe.
- Plan the sustainability and transferability of the above approach in the framework of the Europeana Consortium.
To learn more about the project see our final report and other resources.