D2.4 Metadata preparation toolkit
This report accompanies and describes the contents of D2.4 metadata preparation toolkit that is available at: http://mint-‐projects.image.ntua.gr/locloud/. This report does not describe MINT’s functionality.
The main objective of this report is to guide content providers in learning how to prepare their metadata for efficient publication to Europeana. In the metadata preparation process, providers are checking if metadata datasets:
- are well formed (i.e. encoding)
- are in the correct format (i.e. xml, csv)
- can be harvested using the OAI-PMH protocol
- conform to a known metadata schema (e.g. CARARE, lido, EDM)
- contain all mandatory elements,
- contain valid links to the Digitized Cultural Heritage Objects
In LoCloud we provide a set of tools and services that will facilitate providers to check and improve the level of quality and thus readiness of the metadata for publication at the Europeana portal.
In Locloud, providers are using MINT to ingest metadata to MORE. In this deliverable we emphasize on the set of tools and services that exist within MINT and can be used by providers to prepare their metadata. These set of tools are
- Metadata upload
- Metadata statistics.
- Datasets reports
- Mapping, Annotation and Group edit
- Metadata transformation and validation
Additional information about the metadata preparation process including screencasts video can be found in http://support.locloud.eu/.